- 'Abdullah ibn Abee Aoufaa ra related that he heard the Messenger of Allah saw say, "There will come upon the people a night that is equivalent to three of these nights of yours. When that happens, those who are praying voluntary prayers will know. One of them will stand and pray his Ahzub (portion that he normally recites), and then he will sleep. Then he will wake up, stand, read his Ahzub, and then sleep (again). While they are upon that state, some people will shout out to one another, saying, "What is this?" Frightened, they will hurry to the Masjids. Upon them the sun will rise until it is in the middle of the sky; it will return and rise from its place of rising. At that juncture no good will it do to a person to believe (if he believed not before)." -- (Related by Al-Haafiz Abu Bakr ibn Mirdawai, in his Tafseer)
- Hudhaifah ra said, "I asked the Prophet 'What is the Sign regarding the sun rising from its west?' He said, 'The night will be prolonged until it will be the measure of two nights; those who were praying in it will take notice of it. They will do (in terms of worship) during it as they used to do before it. And the stars will not be seen; it (the sun) will spend the night in their place. They will sleep, and they will wake up and pray. Then they will sleep (again), after which they will wake up and pray. Then they will sleep (again), after which they will wake up and stand. The night will be prolonged and people will be alarmed, not seeing the morning. While they are waiting for the sun to rise from its east, it will rise from its west. When the people will see it, they will believe, but no good will it do a person to believe (if he believed not before)." -- (Related by ibn Mirdawai)
- 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr ibn Al-'Aas ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "Indeed Hijrah is of two qualities: one of them is to leave evil, and the other is to migrate to Allah and His Messenger. And it will not be cut off as long as repentance is accepted; repentance will continue to be accepted until the sun rises from the West. When it rises (from the west), each heart will be stamped with what is inside it, and it will be enough for people to do (good deeds)." -- This chain is good and strong, though none of the compilers of books related it.
- Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudree ra related that the Messenger of Allah saw. said, "Near the time of the Hour there will be many Sawaa'iq (could mean much fainting, or could mean much lighting that will strike people), to the degree that a man will go to a people, and say,' has fainted (or perhaps, who has been struck by lightning) bef you this morning?" They will say, "Such and such person, such and such person, and such and such person has fainted (or has been struck by lighting)." -- (Ahmad)
- Abu Hurairah ra related that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "The Hour will not arrive until the people vie with one another in constructing tall buildings. And the Hour will not arrive until two huge groups, each having the same claim, fight, and between them there will be a great amount of killing; and the hour will not arrive until knowledge will be seized, earthquakes increase in frequency, time converges, trials appear (or become widespread), and killing increases in frequency; and the Hour will not arrive until lying Dajjaals are sent, almost 30 of them, and each one of then will claim that he is the Messenger of Allah. And the Hour will not arrive until a man passes the grave of another man and says, 'Would that I were in his place.' And the Hour will not arrive until the sun rises from its west, and when it does rise (from the west) and people see it, they will all believe, except that that is when 'no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before, nor earned good (by performing deeds of righteousness) through his Faith.' And the Hour will not arrive until there will be much wealth among you, to the degree that the owner of wealth will be distressed to find one who accepts his charity." -- (Bukhaaree Muslim related it from Abu Hurairah 4 as well, but through a different chain of narrators.)
- Abu Hurairah ra, Abu Buraidah ra, Abu Bakrah ra, and others related the following Hadeeth: "The Hour will not arrive until you fight the Turks, (people with) wide faces and Dhulaf noses (i.e. the bridges of their noses are low), as if their faces are (smooth and wide) shields, and they will wear shoes made of hair."
- Arias ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "Indeed, from the signs of the Hour is that knowledge will be raised, ignorance will appear (and become widespread), fornication will spread, alcohol will be imbibed, men will depart, and women will remain, to the extent that for 50 women, there will be a single guardian." -- (Bukhaaree and Muslim)
- Abu Hurairah ra related that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "Days and nights will not depart until pastures (greenery and meadows) and rivers return to the land of the Arabs and until the Furaat lays bare a mountain of gold. They will fight over it, and out of every 100 (people), 99 will be killed, and one will be saved." -- This narration is related by Sufyaan Ath-Thauree and by Muslim, with another chaitt from Suhail.
- 'Aaishah ra, said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah saw say, 'The night and the day will not depart until Al-Laat and Al-'Uzzah are worshipped (again)."' -- (Muslim)
- In another Hadeeth, the following is related: "When the affair is trusted to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour." And in another Hadeeth, "The Hour will not arrive until every tribe is led by its most ignoble members."
- Al-Hasan said, "I went forth, seeking knowledge. I reached Kufah, where I met 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ood ra, and I said, '0 Abu 'Abdur- Rahmaan, does the Hour have a sign that it is known by?"' He answered, "I asked the Messenger of Allah about that, and he said, 'Indeed, from its signs is that a child will be coarse and the rain will be oppressively hot. Secrets will be revealed, the liar will be believed, the treacherous one will be trusted, the trustworthy one will be distrusted, and every tribe will be led by its hypocrites and every marketplace by its wicked ones. The Mihraabs will be adorned and hearts will be ruined. Men will suffice themselves with men, and women will suffice themselves with women. Alcohol will be imbibed. There will be an increase in Ash-Shurat (perhaps referring to guards, and Allah knows best), in those who slander, and in those who backbite." -- Al-Haafiz Abu Bakr Al-Baihaqee related this in Kitaab Al-Ba'th Wan-Nushoor.
- In another narration related by Abu Sa'eed the Messenger of Allah el said, "By the One Who has my soul in His Hand, the Hour will not arrive until predatory animals speak to human beings and until the side of a man's whip, and his shoestring speak to him; and his thigh will inform him of what his family did after him." -- (Ahmad)
- Anas ra said, "We used to relate that the Hour will not arrive until the sky stops giving rain, until the earth (its crops) does not grow, until for every 50 women, there will be a single guardian, and until a woman passes by a man, who looks at her and says, 'this woman used to have a man."' -- (Ahmad)
- Abu Hurairah ra related that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "The Hour will not arrive until time converges , and so one year will be like a month, a week will be like a day, and a day will be like an hour. And the Hour will be like the burning of palm leaves." – (Ahmad) Suhail claimed that this chain fulfills the conditions of Muslim.
 Some scholars understand the literal meaning of this phrase; others say that it is referring to the nearness of the Hour; and yet others hold that it is referring to the apparent quick passage of day and night, whereby people will not be blessed in their time.
 The Turks (the Turks mentioned here are not the Turks we know of today, but rather they are the Tatars) are from the progeny of Qantoorah, who was the female slave of Ibraaheem as
 Some scholars hold to the literal meaning of this phrase; others say that it is referring to the nearness of the Hour; and yet others hold that it is referring to the apparent quick passage of day and night, whereby people will not be blessed in their time.
- Abu Hurairah ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "The world will not depart until there will be Lakai ibn Lakai' (ignoble one son of an ignoble one)." The chain of this narration is good and strong.
- Abu Hurairah ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "Before the Hour are treacherous years; in them, the truthful person will be disbelieved, and the liar will be believed; the trustworthy one will be distrusted, and the treacherous one will be trusted. And the base, ignoble one will speak in that time (i.e., he has a voice that is heard by the people)." -- (Ahmad) The chain of this narration is good.
- Abu Hurairah ra reported that the Prophet saw said, "Indeed, from the signs of the Hour are that the shepherds of sheep will be the heads of people (i.e., they will have status and power); the barefooted, naked, and hungry ones will vie with one another in construction; and the female slave will give birth to her master." The chain of this narration is good, and it has been related in this form only
- Abu Hurairah ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "The Hour will not arrive until wealth will be abundant among you, to the degree that the owner of wealth will be distressed to find one who accepts charity from his wealth; nor until knowledge is seized, time converges, trials become widespread, and Al-Haraj will be in abundance." The Companions asked, "Which Haraj, 0 Messenger of Allah?" He said, "Killing, killing." -- (Ahmad)
- Abu Hurairah ra related that the Prophet saw said, "By the One Who has sent me with the Truth, this world will not come to an end until they are afflicted with Al-Khasf (the swallowing of the earth with those who are on it), Al-Qadhf (strong winds that cause rocks to fly), and Al-Maskh (transformation of humans into apes and pigs)." The Companions asked, "And when is that, 0 Messenger of Allah?" He L4 said, "When you see women riding private parts, when there will be many female singers, when there will be much false testimony, when men will suffice themselves with men, and when women will suffice themselves with women." -- Al-Haafiz Abu Bakr Al-Bazzaar related this narration.
- 'Abdullah ibn 'Umar ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "Indeed from the signs of the Hour is that minds will disappear (i.e. people will rule according to their desires) and Al-Ahlaam (those who do things in a deliberate and thought-out manner; the sagacious ones) will decrease in number." -- At-Tabaraanee related this narration.
- Taariq ibn Shihaab said, ...Some among us said to the others, 'Did you not hear how he responded to the man, saying: Allah has said the truth, and His Messenger has conveyed? Who among you will ask him?' Taariq said, 'I will ask him.' Taariq did ask him when he came out, and in response, he mentioned that the Prophet said, "Indeed before the Hour Tasleem (greetings of peace) will be given to Al-Khaasah (those who have status or those whom one knows), trade will become widespread, to the degree that a women will help her husband in (his) business; ties of relation will be broken off; people will make false testimony; truthful testimony will be kept hidden; and ignorance will become widespread." -- (Ahmed)
- Anas ra reported that the Messenger of Allah saw said, "The Hour will not arrive until it is no longer said on earth, Laa ilaaha illallaah (none has the right to be worshipped save Allah)." -- (Ahmad) Muslim related the same Hadeeth, through different narrators, and with the following wording: "The Hour will not arrive until it is no longer said on earth, Allah, Allah."